HAZARD: I might consider quitting Chelsea by January


The Belgian international has failed to score in
eight Premier League appearances for Chelsea,
who have endured some miserable form so far
this season

Eden Hazard claims he is going through the
most challenging phase of his career as
Chelsea attempt to arrest their dismal early-
season form.
Hazard swept the board for individual awards
in the Premier League last season after
inspiring Jose Mourinho's side to the title, but
his standards have fallen markedly in
2015-16.
The former Lille star was dropped for
Chelsea's 2-1 defeat to Porto last week after
failing to score once in 11 appearances so far
this term, while the champions having been
beaten four times just eight games into their
title defence.
And Hazard admits it is a welcome distraction
to turn his attention to international football
as he aims to guide Belgium to the Euro 2016
finals.
"This is perhaps the most difficult period of
my career. There are always ups and downs.
I'm not certain what the problem is," he said.
"But we have to keep working hard to
improve. It's always good to spend time with
the national team, and even more so when
things aren't going well for your club.
"I know I can do better. I have to be able to
help the team win."
Belgium need a win from their trip to Andorra
on Saturday to guarantee their place in the
finals and Hazard concedes he is not sure
what to expect.
"I know all the players in the Andorra team!"
he joked, before adding: "No, seriously, I don't
know any. But we'll be analysing the team."

Comments