Woman spends £60, 000 on dogs’ wedding



One dog enthusiast is so devoted to her pets
that she has spent £60,000 pampering them and
even throwing a huge wedding ceremony for two
of them.
Emmie Stevens, 27, from Croydon, South London,
is obsessed with dressing up her pets and even
calls them her children. Over the past seven
years she has spent thousands of pounds on a
walk in wardrobe, buggies; dog shows, grooming
parlours, beauty products, diamante collars and
food and vet bills for her twelve dogs.
But last week she took her hobby a step further
by getting two of her canines to tie the knot,
which included outfits for the whole pack, a
reception and even a first dance.
Emmie, a self-employed dog groomer said: ‘I
love dressing up my dogs and pampering them,
that’s why I decided to perform a doggy
wedding. Two of my dogs, Staffordshire bull
terrier Bailey, and shih-tzu Coco, fell in love at
first sight and have been inseparable since. I
performed the ceremony for them, they said their
doggy vows and we used a ring for Coco it was
a fantastic day. They were dressed in the full
attire, accompanied by their best men and
bridesmaids.
‘Afterwards they went to their reception where
they were greeted by 30 poochy pals and
enjoyed their buffet banquet, wedding cake and
first dance,’ she said.
Emmie, according to Daily Mail, UK, says she
thinks nothing of the extravagance because her
dogs are the most important thing in her life.
“I know people think I’m mad but my dogs are
like my children, I call them my fur babies and I
would do anything for them.”


Comments