Woman in police net for stealing a 5yr old boy in Rivers State


Chisa Ejionwu and Michael, the boy she
stole.
A 23-year-old woman, who was arrested by men
of the Rivers State Police Command, has
confessed how he stole a five-year-old boy from
his parents.
The suspect, Chisa Ejionwu, said she decided to
steal the boy after she was told that her chances
of having a baby were slim.
Ejionwu, on Tuesday said that she stole the boy,
Michael, at Ogbogoro in the Obio/Akpo Local
Government Area.
Southern City News learnt that the suspect stole
the boy on April 17, 2015, and took him to
Ogbakiri in the Emeoha Local Government Area
where she registered him in one of the schools in
the area.
Luck, however, ran out her when she was seen by
a neighbour to the boy’s parents while she was
taking him (Michael) to school in the morning.
Ejionwu, who engaged the neighbour in a quarrel,
was immediately dragged to the traditional ruler
of the place in Emeoha.
It was learnt that the boy’s grandfather, Mr.
Michael Ibiamana, was contacted and he went to
the traditional ruler’s palace.
The grandfather said they had been looking for
Michael since April 17, 2015, and had declared
him missing.
“I was surprised when one of my neighbours
called me to say my grandson has been found
and that I should come to the palace of the
traditional ruler.
“When I got there, the lady that stole my
grandson insisted that the boy was his son. I
went out and brought in a team of policemen,
who arrested everybody.
“It was when we were all brought to state police
command headquarters that the lady that stole
my grandson confessed,” Ibiamana said.
Ejionwu, who was in tears, said she had
undergone an operation and was told that she
would no longer be able to bear children.


Comments