Kelechi Iheanacho hopeful of Manchester City first team involvement

With the imminent departure of Edin Dzeko and
Steven Jovetic, Pellegrini is expected to draft
the 18-year-old into the first-team squad this
season


Nigerian youngster Kelechi Iheanacho is hopeful
of more playing time in Manchester City after a
series of promising display for the Citizens.
The Flying Eagles star was impressive yesterday,
Tuesday, July 21 during Manchester City pre-
season friendly win over Roma.
Iheanacho scored one and laid the assist for
another in the game and says he hopes to be
called into the senior team.


With the imminent departure of Edin Dzeko and
Steven Jovetic, Manuel Pellegrini is expected to
draft the 18-year-old into the first-team squad
this season.
" The manager has promised me nothing,"
Iheanacho is quoted to say by Daily Mail.
" He’s just told me to keep working hard every
day. So as yet I don’t know what my chance is,
but I pray that it will come soon.
‘Last season, everything was okay. It was just
about getting a work permit, but everything is
sorted out now. I am able to play for Man City
now.
‘It was nice to get a goal, I feel good about it.
This season I hope to be here. I’ve been training
hard with them during pre-season and I hope
this is the time for me to break into the first-
team.


Comments