I’m destined to be a robber – Teenage robbery suspect



For two teenagers, Sani Harry and Muhammed
Yahaya, who were nabbed by the Kwara State
Command of the Nigerian Police Force for
allegedly robbing people with a cutlass, becoming
robbers was something they had no power to
resist.
The suspects, who claimed to be herdsmen and
farmers, however, were remorseful enough to
warn other youths like themselves to steer clear
of robbery and other crimes.
Seventeen-year-old Harry said he was destined
to be a robber as according to him, he could not
resist the temptation.
He said, “It is destiny that made me to start
robbing people. The temptation just came in a
strong way. I just did it without knowing why I
did it. I have never killed anybody. We normally
rob with cutlasses and sticks. I regret my action
now. I will not do it again.”
Yahaya on the other hand, expressed remorse for
robbing people. He added that he would never
get involved in robbery if he was pardoned and
released.
Also paraded by the police was a robbery
suspect, simply identified as Ibira, 25. Like Harry
and Yahaya, he said he did not know what
pushed him into the crime.
“I am a farmer and cattle rearer. I do not know
why I decided to pertake in robbery. But believe
me, I will never do it again.”


Comments