Divorce Saga: PopularNollywood Actor’s Wife BreaksDown In CourtYesterday

About two weeks ago, report had surfaced
that Emma, the wife of Emeka Ike, a popular
Nollywood actor, had filed for divorce.
Emma had asked the Lagos Island customary
court to dissolve their 12-year-old marriage,
saying she could no longer bear being tortured.
At the hearing on Wednesday, July 22, the
actor failed to show up.

According to his counsel, Abdul’Hakeem Labi-
Lawal, Emeka was not in court because he
was ill, The Nation reports.
Emma Ike’s wife and Children
Labi-Lawal begged the court to give Emeka 6
months to see if there was a possibility of
settlement between the couple adding that the
actor was still in love with his wife.
Emma however said 6 months was too long
adding that Emeka had 2 years to reconcile
with her but he didn’t.
In his ruling, the court’s President, Chief Awos
Awosola, said the court could only grant two
weeks. “I am expecting Emeka Ike in this court
if he really wants settlement,” he added.

The matter was adjourned till August 12 for
further hearing.
Speaking after the court rose, Emma said she
was not interested in the marriage anymore,
wondering why her husband wanted
reconciliation now, after 2 years she left her
matrimonial home.
Emeka Ike
“If I was still with him, I may not survive. I
was 19-year old when I met him and he was
the one who deflowered me. I see no reason I
shouldn’t be treated with utmost respect. Due
to physical torture, my health has been
affected. There was even a time I thought I
had breast cancer because I felt a lump on one
part of my breast,” she said.
The marriage produced four children between
ages 4 and 13.
According to the wife, Emeka Ike took her
children away from her and has turned them
against her.

Emma said in tears: “Even when he didn’t
allow me access to see our children, I spoke
with them on several occasions but now, he
doesn’t allow me anymore. My children are
now against me.
“I almost went mad when my first son told me
on phone that if I truly loved them, I wouldn’t
have abandoned them. Even my seven-year-
old son whose day wouldn’t be complete
without seeing me said he doesn’t love me. I
love my children. I miss my children. I never
abandoned them. I am in pain. They don’t
have any other mother. I really need my
children. I am a good woman; I endured so
many things as his wife .”

Comments