Saturday, 13 February 2016

[CONFIRMED] Man United Coach leavea Club

McGuinness was a United academy product and
is the son of former Red Devils manager Wilf
McGuinness.
He has been in charge
of the Under-18s since
2005 but has overseen a dramatic slump in
standards.
With his side bottom of the Premier League's
Under-18 North Division after taking just 11
points from 19 matches this season, McGuinness
has stepped down.
In a club statement, McGuinness said: "It has
been an honour and a privilege to follow in my
father Wilf's footsteps and to serve Manchester
United in a variety of roles for a total of 28 years.
"I have dedicated my life to each job, from player
to education and welfare officer, to Centre of
Excellence director and scout, assistant academy
director for under-9s to under-16s and later
under-17s to under-21s, head coach for the
professional development phase and finally
youth-team coach.
“I will be forever grateful to Sir Alex Ferguson for
making my dreams come true and inviting me to
represent Manchester United as a player and for
the last 23 years as a proud member of staff.”
He added: “I now have other ambitions I would
like to fulfil in football that I can only experience
outside the club.
“I am extremely grateful to all the staff at
Carrington and Old Trafford for their friendship
and professionalism over the years. Many thanks
also to all the United supporters from all over the
world - especially the incredibly dedicated
followers of the Under-18 and youth teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?